Ahhhh Jargon …our old friend with the inside jokes. Here are a few of bits of jargon we use when building an add-on.
- When two web apps talk to each other to do useful things.
- Alternate name for an integration with a marketer’s spin.
- API (Application Programming Interface)
- The way one web app “talks” to another web app.
- Web App (Web Application)
- a.k.a. SaaS (Software as a Service) A web site that you use as a tool to do things in the same way that you use software that is installed on your computer or mobile device.
- The developer guide for a web app’s API.
- A bit of software you can add to your web browser to make it do cool stuff.
- A protocol to allow authorization method from web, mobile and desktop applications.
* In Firefox, they renamed “Extensions” as “Add-ons” just to throw off all of these definitions.